When it came to funny lines and witty quips, this week’s Nashville did not disappoint, especially with Rayna Jaymes’s (Connie Britton) interesting nickname choice for Juliette Barnes (Hayden Panettiere). Here are our picks for the top 10 quotes from Season 1, Episode 2: “I Can’t Help It (If I’m Still in Love With You).”
10. We suppose this is how country legends say that someone has “balls.”
Rayna, about Juliette: She’s got, like, 500 miles worth of nerve.
9. Sounds like someone isn’t on iTunes.
Lady at the fundraiser, about Rayna’s album: Do they have it at Starbucks?
8. We’re sure she meant to say, “Besides you, of course.”
Rayna’s daughter Daphne, to Rayna about Juliette: She’s, like, the most famous singer in the world.
7. So much for subtlety.
Rayna, to Juliette about her tour with Deacon (Charles Esten): [It’s] just a show for people who love actual music.
6. Note to Deacon: Acknowledging something is a bad idea doesn’t make it okay if you do it anyway.
Deacon, about skinny dipping with Juliette: Deacon, you are a dead man.
5. Uh... if you say so, Rayna.
Rayna: I was in preschool 20 years ago.
4. Deacon has a strange sense of what relationships are all about.
Deacon, to Rayna: If I wanted to fight like this, I’d have a damn girlfriend.
3. Gunnar came this close to getting a compliment from Scarlett.
Scarlett (Clare Bowen), to Gunnar (Sam Palladio): I don’t know too many guys who can pull off fringe. [Pause] You’re really not one of ‘em.
2. Rayna says that as if wearing sparkly pants is a bad thing.
Rayna, to Deacon about Juliette: You’re out running around with Miss Sparkly Pants.
1. Deacon is painfully aware that he and Rayna don’t have the benefits.
Juliette, to Deacon about Rayna: You guys are like an old married couple, I swear — except with all of the hassle and none of the benefits.
Fall in Like with us! For the latest from Wetpaint Entertainment, Like us on our Facebook page at Facebook.com/Wetpaint, or follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/WetpaintTV.