When it came to funny lines and witty quips, this week’s Nashville did not disappoint, especially with Deacon (Charles Esten) about to become a balloon connoisseur. Here are our picks for the top 10 quotes from Season 1, Episode 6: “You’re Gonna Change (Or I’m Gonna Leave).”
10. What could be better?
Juliette (Hayden Panettiere) [to Sean]: We’re young, we’re hot, and I’ve got a jet.
9. The sign of a good night.
Rayna (Connie Britton) [to Teddy (Eric Close), upon waking up]: Kill me now please.
8. Rayna may want to try joining a book club.
Bucky [to Rayna]: Oh, my God — how many times have you read that article?
7. Yes, McKenna goes there.
McKenna [about dating Sean]: It’ll do a helluva lot more than boosting that bottle of nail polish.
6. Given their history with paparazzi, this is probably a good call.
Sean [to Juliette]: I’m asking you in.
5. Life is all about small victories.
Bucky: Surprised we didn’t get carjacked driving over here.
4. Moms need something to listen to, too.
Rayna [about Liam’s assessment of her demographic]: Moms... and SUVs?
3. He probably at least knows that one of them was married to Renee Zellweger.
Bucky [about Liam]: This guy would not know Kenny Chesney from Kenny Rogers.
2. That’s not the first thing most people think of when they see adorable baby animals.
Juliette: If any of these adorable baby animals take a crap on me, I’m going to be very upset.
1. Deacon doesn’t strike us as the balloon-buying type.
Deacon [about Avery (Jonathan Jackson)]: What am I supposed to do — hand him a balloon every time I see him?