It’s a cruel thing to talk about when we’re SOL for new drama this week, but according to TVLine, ABC has just announced its Spring finale dates, and we now have a date to dread / cheer: Nashville’s Season 1 finale date.
So, when will all the sh*t hit the fan? Wednesday, May 22, that’s when. That means there are nine weeks remaining to show the eight episodes left in the 22-hour season (phew, we can’t handle more than one more Wednesday without some new material). As for what happens between now and then, we have some ideas of what we’d like to see in the big finale:
1. Deacon (Charles Esten) is like thisclose to deciding to ditch all country starlets in favor of Dan Humphrey’s mom Stacey (Susan Misner), when Rayna (Connie Britton) throws a Hail Mary by telling Deax he may or may not be Maddie’s (Lennon Stella) padre.
2. New neighbor Will (Chris Carmack) turns out to be the guy who killed Gunnar’s brother, and kidnaps Scarlett in an effort to get back everything Jason Scott failed to turn over before he died.
3. When a big offer to join Rayna on tour threatens to enmesh their crazy lives even more, Scarlett (Clare Bowen) and Gunnar (Sam Palladio) have to decide whether they want to be together romantically and give up on a huge opportunity, or give up their flirtation so they don’t become like Rayna and Deacon.
4. Now dedicated to not being a total beeyotch, thanks to time spent with her mom and addiction counselor Dante (Jay Hernandez), Juliette (Hayden Panettiere) hooks up with Avery (Jonathan Jackson) in order to change him into someone we can tolerate.
5. The season ends with a heart-stopping cliff-hanger that will be answered when the show (fingers-crossed) returns for a second season.