Former San Diego chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman reportedly overdosed in Los Angeles on Sunday night, according to the Los Angeles Times.
According to an unnamed source, the 29-year-old former football star was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center after overdosing on a combination of alcohol and an unspecified drug.
But then, a funny thing happened: he kept tweeting and Instagramming about his evening, just hours after he was reportedly so sick he had to be hospitalized. So what actually went down?
At 1:47 AM, Shawne wrote, "Had a fly ass @LightsOutBrand shirt on tonight #ruined," although he didn't specify precisely what happened to his preferred piece of attire.
Minutes later, he was chatting with fans and answering their questions, a pretty weird thing to be doing if you're on death's door.
TMZ caught up with Shawne later that night, and the star showed no obvious signs of impairment, politely answering the cameraman's questions. The following morning, after a workout at his L.A. gym, the star appeared to be both in good spirits and fine health.