Welcome to 2013 — when even births must be documented in real-time on social media!
Former Miss USA Ali Landry, 39, is currently pregnant with her third child, a second little boy. She and husband Alejandro Monteverde have a 6-year-old daughter, Estela (she actually just turned 6 on July 11 too), and a nearly 2-year-old son, Marcelo. (Ali was briefly married to Mario Lopez in 2004.)
On the morning of Thursday, July 11, Ali started tweeting birth updates:
• "The time has come. Baby is on his way:) on our way to the hospital."
• "Contractions are not too bad yet. I will try to do a live video later on http://bit.ly/hangwsocial follow me there to see how things are progressing."
• "All checked in" (with a photo of her hospital bracelet.)
• She shared the photo below, writing "Still waiting."
Here are a few more of her tweets, so far:
• "I’m broadcasting #LIVE on #HangWith for #iPhone! Come Hang w/AliLandry! http://bit.ly/hangwsocial"
• "My husband is such a director. Look at him trying to get the perfect shoot if our view. At least he is making me laugh through contractions." (See him here.)
• "So grateful to have this gorgeous view from my delivery room. It is making me very happy." (Check out the view here.)
Follow her progress @alilandry since she’s apparently going to keep sharing the news all the way through the big event. Good luck!