The littlest Royal has arrived! Kate Middleton has given birth to the future monarch at St. Mary's Hospital in London — and it's a baby boy!, according to multiple tweets, including one from NBC. The couple's first child is now third in line to the throne.
According to the Today Show tweet, the prince weighs 8 lbs., 6 oz., and was born at 4:24 p.m. local time (around 11:24 a.m. ET).
MORE: Click here for the latest news and developments on Kate's new royal baby boy!
The world has been waiting with bated breath since December, when Kate announced that she was expecting a baby with her husband, Prince William — if not since the Royal Wedding in April 2011. Rampant speculation of a new, royal heir has been common ever since the wedding. When Kate finally did get pregnant, the Royals waited until December to confirm, although they did tease the announcement in late November.
Kate and William were college sweethearts — they were both members of the St. Andrews University Class of 2005! Kate holds a master of arts in art history; William in geography. Like many great romances, reports say, they started out as friends and roomies, but after a couple of years became something more. While the couple briefly called it quits in 2007, they got back together soon after.
Congratulations to the growing Royal family!
Source: Today Show on Twitter
More about Kate Middleton's pregnancy, birth, and baby:
- Watch the live stream from the hospital!
- First and foremost, here is the royal baby stuff you NEED to know to be relevant.
- Now that George has been born, who will be named the godparents?
- If you haven't seen what the royal baby looks like, we've got close-ups of Baby George here!
- Find out which bizarre animal emergency happened at her family home a few days ago!
- And that's not all that's strange: Here are five weird aspects of Kate's pregnancy.
- See how her baby bump has grown since 2012...
- ...and how she has remained mommy-chic througout!
- David Beckham has some baby-name advice for Kate and William!
- Will Kate's sis Pippa be the next Middleton to give birth?