Remember when Harry Crane was just a shy nerd, back on Mad Men Season 1? He's gotten sleazier as he's climbed the corporate ladder at Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce. He's now the head of the media department (aka the TV guy), and in new photos on the set of Mad Men Season 6, he looks every inch the late 1960s lounge lizard.
Instead of his bland suits and thick glasses, he's in mustard jackets with sunglasses and ... that hair! (Check out a head-to-toe shot here, to get the full effect.) At least Don Draper still looks pretty much the same. No changing with the times for Mr. Old Fashioned (even as his BFF Roger Sterling experiments with LSD).
New set photos show Harry driving Don (shotgun) and Roger (backseat) around in a Ford Mustang convertible. Are they on another California trip? Is Harry giving them a media tour, like he's Mr. Hollywood now? Are they opening up a West Coast office? We know Don and Megan end up in Hawaii at some point, but it's still not clear what this is about. It’s not clear when it’s about either.
Matt Weiner has said the show will “advance in time, as it does” but he won’t say how much. Season 5 ended in 1967, so we may still stay in that year, just a few months ahead, or maybe we’ll end up in ‘68 or ‘69. We’ll find out soon... Mad Men Season 6 premieres on Sunday, April 7 at 9 p.m. ET on AMC.
Catch up on more Mad Men stories and spoilers:
• Mad Men Season 6 Spoilers: Betty Is Bigger! Plus, "Flirtatious" and "Curvy" Newbies
• Mad Men Season 6 Spoilers: "Megan's Independence Was Really a Disappointment" For Don
• When Does Mad Men Season 6 Start? Two-Hour Premiere Coming On...
• Mad Men Season 6 Spoilers: Are Megan and Don Draper Still Married? Why Are They in Hawaii?
• Kiernan Shipka on What Mad Men Season 6 Might Hold and Playing Sally Draper - Exclusive