Joy, joy across the land: Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler) and Ben Wyatt (Adam Scott) are getting married on tonight's Parks and Recreation!
Fans of TV's most adorable political couple have been watching their trials and tribulations for several seasons, and it all comes to a head tonight, with an impromptu wedding that viewers didn't learn of until last week.
Wetpaint Entertainment sat in on a conference call with Amy Poehler, Adam Scott, and Parks and Recreation executive producer Michael Schur. While the hilarious trio stayed mum on most of the details, they did hint at some things we can expect from the wedding.
1. Everybody has a job. "Everybody [in the main cast] has a job to fill," Schur explained. "They basically have two hours to throw it together," which means there's a lot of rushing around the town. "We go to a lot of locations." Other hints? Chris Traeger steps up to find a ring, "Tom Haverford becomes the officiant," and we finally get to hear Donna's "beautiful and professionally trained singing voice."
2. A hint about the vows. "We just try to always be surprising to the audience," Schur said of relationships on the show. "That was the plan with the proposal and I think it worked." And it also comes up in their vows, when "Leslie talks about that notion of how romantic it is and how nice it is to constantly be surprised by someone."
3. Expect tears. "Get ready to bawl your eyes out," Amy laughed. We've already stocked up on tissues!
4. Watch until the end! "Everybody should be sure to watch all the way through the episode," Schur teased. "And through the tag ... because that sort of tells the story of the ring."
5. What's next? Schur stressed that we can expect to continue to see Leslie and Ben as separate characters, not just a couple. "They have very three dimensional lives. They're both very committed not only to each other but their careers, and their friends, and living a full life." In fact, in the very next episode, which airs right after the wedding episode, Ben and Leslie will be in different plotlines.
Above all, all three agreed that this episode will be very satisfying for fans. And we can't wait!
Tune in to the big event at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC. It will be followed by another episode at 9 p.m. ET/PT.