Could it be a Hotlanta repeat?
So You Think You Can Dance Season 8 winner Melanie Moore began her journey to the finale in Atlanta, and hundreds of aspiring hopefuls looked to follow in her footsteps this year.
Here are the Season 9 standouts from the Los Angeles auditions that judges Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy, and Debbie Allen sent through to Las Vegas:
- Audrey Case, an 18-year-old contemporary dancer, who could fart with her neck
- B-boy/karate kid/Selena Gomez superfan Tim Conkel, 21, who also demonstrated the bit of ballet he'd learned in seven days
- 23-year-old belly dancer Janelle Issis of Birmingham, Alabama
- Bacon-loving "weird dancer" Danielle Dominguez, 21, of Tampa, Florida
- Courtney Kirby, an 18-year-old contemporary dancer who brought her sweet-as-pie grandma
- Fresh-faced 19-year-old farm boy Asher Walker, who dreams of being a backup dancer for Justin Bieber
- Damon Bellmon, one of two brothers who were accused last season of stealing choreography from YouTube for their audition performance; his brother, Deon, didn't get through to Vegas
- And a trio of pop-and-lock roommates: Boris Penton, Andrew Rucker, and Cyrus "Glitch" Spencer
Who was your favorite contestant of the night? Do you have any early predictions? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!