Vera Wang’s wedding dresses are undeniably gorgeous — even the slightly creepy black ones — but is there a curse lurking under all that beaded silk and tulle?
Now that the famed bridal designer is separating from her husband of 23 years (as reported by WWD), we’ve started to wonder if Vera’s pricey designs spell doom for the marriages of the brides who wear them. Totally reasonable, right?
Exhibit A: the 2009 cinematic bust Bride Wars, in which both Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson wore Vera Wang gowns. Yeah, cringe.
Exhibits B-K: nine celeb brides who wore Vera Wang on their big day — and eventually got a divorce.
Prepare to be M. Night Shyamalan-ed...
1. Kim Kardashian (Kris Humphries, August-October 2011)
Kim wore three different Vera Wang gowns for her 2011 nuptials to NBA star Kris Humphries, which may explain why the marriage lasted only 72 days.
2. Tameka Foster (Usher, September 2007-June 2009)
3. Avril Lavigne (Deryck Whibley, July 2006-September 2009)
4. Heidi Klum (Seal, May 2005-January 2012)
5. Sophia Bush (Chad Michael Murray, April-September 2005)
6. Jessica Simpson (Nick Lachey, October 2002-November 2005)
7. LeAnn Rimes (Dean Sheremet, February 2002-July 2009)
8. Kate Hudson (Chris Robinson, December 2000-November 2006)
9. Debra Messing (Danny Zelman, September 2000-December 2011)
Coincidence or curse? We’ll let you be the judge.