Max Greenfield’s New Girl character, Schmidt, summed up 2011 in five words: “Country’s broke, Betty White’s back.”
Oh, but there’s so much more to it than that! Judging by the most popular stories on Wetpaint Entertainment over the course of the past year, our readers have been interested in a range of hard-hitting issues beyond just the economy and the resurgence of the last living Golden Girl.
Here are Wetpaint.com’s top 11 stories from 2011:
1. XXX Site to Taylor Swift: Convert to Islam, and We’ll Take Down Photo
Update: Taylor still hasn’t converted.
2. Confirmed! Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Are Dating and in Love
While Vampire Diaries fans — especially Delena ‘shippers — are ecstatic, we’re just jealous of Nina.
3. Celebrity Plastic Surgery Makeovers: Better Before or After?
You be the judge.
4. What Does Scott Disick Do for a Living?
The “businessman” claims to “run companies” in the “vitamin world,” but it’s all a bit vague if you ask us.
5. Why Was Angelea Disqualified From America’s Next Top Model All-Stars?
The running theory is that a certain someone has a big mouth...
6. How Much Does the Jersey Shore Cast Make? Who’s the Richest Beverly Hills Housewife?
Show us the money!
7. Justin Bieber Finally Speaks Out Against Paternity Allegations on The Today Show
“Baby, baby, baby, oh!”
8. Miley Cyrus Says She Smokes Way Too Much Weed
And then says she was just joking. Wah-wah.
9. French Vampire Diaries Fans May Be Banned From Naming Their Baby “Damon”
Apparently, “Daemon” is too devilish.
10. Questionable Fashion Choices at the MTV VMA Music Awards
Nicki Minaj, what were you thinking?
11. Reality Steve Admits He Was Wrong About The Bachelor Season 15 Finale
Doh. At least he got the rest of his spoilers for Season 15 right!
Fall in "Like" with us! For the latest from Wetpaint Entertainment, Like us on our Facebook page at Facebook.com/Wetpaint, or Follow us on Twitter at Twitter.com/WetpaintTV.