Though the reviews of J.K. Rowling’s first book since the Harry Potter series are mixed, it doesn’t take a wizard to realize the British author is looking to stray away from the children’s fantasy genre. The Casual Vacancy hits stands today, and curious Potter fans are sure to be dropping by the local Barnes & Noble to snag a copy.
But they might be in for a nasty shock when they read these disturbing quotes from the novel, which seems more like 50 Shades than 7 horcruxes.
These five quotes are so scandalous that they’d even make Lord Voldemort blush! Check them out and tell us what you think below!
1) “That miraculously unguarded vagina”
2) “The leathery skin of her upper cleavage radiated little cracks that no longer vanished when decompressed.”
3) “... with an ache in his heart and in his balls.”
4) [Describing a used condom] “glistening in the grass beside her feet, like the gossamer cocoon of some huge grub.”
5) “He rolled off her, peeled off the condom and threw it aside, then zipped himself up, feeling jittery, looking around to check that they were definitely alone.”
What do you think of these salacious quotes? Child's play or inappropriate? Weigh in below!