Our hearts are breaking for Ashley Greene.

The Twilight actress's apartment went up in flames, with one of her two dogs dying in the blaze, and now Ashley is understandably distraught, according to TMZ.

The 26-year-old actress and her boyfriend and brother were both sleeping when the fire broke out by the living room couch, and they were lucky enough to escape safely.

The fire was reportedly started by an unattended candle.

However, rescuers were unable to rescue one her fox terriers, who died under the bed.

Apparently, the firefighters gave Ashley the dog's body wrapped in a sheet, and she has been holding it.

Our thoughts are with Ashley, and we're wishing her all the best.

Source: TMZ