Flashback with Entertainment Tonight to its very first interview with Whitney Houston back in 1984. The singer was only 20 years old then and recording a duet with Jermaine Jackson. When asked about any pressures from her famous mom (Cissy Houston) and aunt (Dionne Warwick), Houston responded, "I have nothing to prove. I give myself and that's it. That's all I have to give."
More news on Whitney Houston:
- For the latest on the Whitney Houston tragedy, click here.
- Whitney Houston Dies at Age 48
- UPDATE: Whitney Houston Found in Bathtub, Prescription Drugs Found
- Bobby Brown, Whitney Houston's Family Release Official Statements
- Bobby Brown "Shattered" Over Whitney Houston Death, Breaks Down on Stage
- Stars Respond to Whitney Houston's Death