Today is a very special day, Vampire Diaries fans because today, January 9, marks Nina Dobrev’s 25th birthday! And what a year its been for the TVD beauty: not only did she take home several awards, including a Teen Choice Award and two People’s Choice Awards, but she also landed the cover of Cosmopolitan’s September issue and played not one, not two, but three characters on The Vampire Diaries. Our girl is taking Hollywood by storm!
So what better way to celebrate Nina’s birthday than with a definitive list of all the things we love about her? From her deadpan humor to her shiny locks and awesome style, here are 25 reasons to love Nina Dobrev.
2. She can joke about her breakup with Ian Somerhalder.
3. She played three characters in ONE scene. Now that’s what we call talented.
4. She’s passionate about healthcare.
5. She’s got some serious moves!
7. She started from the Degrassi, now she’s here.
8. Her and Ian are still best friends, despite their breakup.
9. She’s besties with Julianne Hough! Seriously, these two are adorable.
10. She loves her cats.
11. She makes jewelry in her spare time.
12. Her edgy style.
13. Have you seen her shiny, dark brown locks?
14. That pink streak.
15. She can speak three languages.
16. She loves Ellie Goulding almost as much as we do.
18. She’s besties with Julie Plec and Kevin Williamson.
19. She’s a yoga enthusiast.
20. She helped Ian’s dog deliver her puppies. Now, that’s a humanitarian.
21. She surprised her mom with a trip to the White House.
22. She has a wicked sense of humor.
23. She isn’t afraid to have a little fun at her best friend’s expense. (Sorry, Kat Graham!)
24. She plays one of the best characters on TV — Katherine Pierce.
25. She’s flawless.
What are some of your favorite things about Nina? Sound off in the comments!
Catch the next episode of The Vampire Diaries on Thursday, January 23, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on the CW, followed by an all-new episode of Reign.