Once Upon a Time Season 2 came to an end with last night's Season 2, Episode 22: "And Straight On 'Til Morning," and we're still processing how we feel about the season. When it was firing on all cylinders, it was great, but there were definitely some notable flops, too.
In the spirit of honesty and hope for an improvement, here are our five least favorite episodes of the season.
1. Season 2, Episode 18: "Selfless, Brave, and True." This episode was truly a low point, embodying the season's biggest problems, with almost no good elements to balance the bad. We got the return of August, but not only did he spend the entire Storybrooke portion of the episode hidden behind awful CGI, we had almost no resolution for the parts of his story we actually cared about. Instead, the episode focused on introducing us to Tamara, a villain we didn't want and don't enjoy. The creepy August-becomes-a-child resolution did nothing to endear this mess to the audience.
2. Season 2, Episode 13: “Tiny.” The brief scenes of Rumple, Emma, and Henry going through the airport were just about the only things we really enjoyed in this episode. While making Jack the bad guy (and a girl!) was a cool twist on the classic Jack & The Beanstalk tale, we just couldn't bring ourselves to care about the flashback — and that, in turn, weakened the Tiny-centric present storyline.
3. Season 2, Episode 12: “In the Name of the Brother.” We adored Ruby and Whale's heart-to-heart in this episode, but the rest of it was weak. Whale's backstory, while interesting, felt entirely random and disconnected from anything relevant, Regina's decision to side with Cora happened too quickly, and, worst of all, this kicked off the Greg Mendell science-verse-magic plot that dragged down the end of the season.
4. Season 2, Episode 7: “Child of the Moon.” We really wanted to like this episode, because we love Ruby and we think Albert Spencer/King George is a good villain. Unfortunately, everything about it — past and present — felt rushed.
5. Season 2, Episode 8: “Into the Deep.” This episode really revealed the flaws in having Snow and Emma sent to Fairytale Land so soon. While Season 2, Episode 9: “Queen of Hearts” ended up being a good climax, this episode felt like all set-up, and by this point in the season we just wanted Emma and Snow to get home already.
Do you agree with our list? What was your least favorite episode of the season?
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaDMartin.