As we've mentioned before, one of the (many) reasons we're excited for the Once Upon a Time spinoff, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, is it will put Michael Socha (Knave of Hearts) back on our TV screens. But who is this British hottie, and why is he about to become your latest TV crush?
Here are five things to know about a star that's about to steal your heart.
1. He's got a background in fantasy TV. This isn't Michael's first foray into the fantasy TV world. He first came to our attention on the BBC version of Being Human, where he played Tom McNair, a charmingly naive yet entirely deadly vampire-hunting werewolf. Michael managed to turn Tom's conflicting personality traits into a believable whole, and he had no trouble fitting into Being Human's comedy-drama fantasy world — a real plus for someone working on Wonderland.
2. His accent is awesome. Michael's Derby accent is unique and totally awesome. Seriously, just listen to it. It takes some getting used to, but it's pretty addictive. (Also, listen to how humble he is. Aww.)
3. He comes from a talented family. His sister, Lauren Socha, was a BAFTA winning actresses on the British show Misfits — though, unfortunately, she has less than a clean record.
4. Sometimes being turned down is a good thing. According to Michael, being turned down for the lead in a school play at age 11 is what spurred him to pursue acting seriously. Look at him now!
5. He's acted with Robert Carlyle. Michael has acted with OUAT star Robert Carlyle (Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin). They both starred in a movie called Summer. Robert has already given Michael a shoutout, called him a "terrific young actor and a really lovely guy." If we didn't already love him, Robert's seal of approval would do the trick!
Find out more about Once Upon a Time in Wonderland.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaDMartin.