It’s difficult to catch Once Upon A Time’s Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison) out of sorts. Even though she has had to deal with some pretty major revelations this season, she manages to take it all in stride. She almost makes being “The Savior” look easy, which is why it is that much more powerful when Emma does struggle. Will Emma ever start to struggle to carry all of that emotional baggage around Storybrooke? OUAT co-creator Adam Horowitz says yes.
“More Emma struggles coming up!” Adam shared with the Twitter-sphere Saturday. Just when we were beginning to think she was some kind of sword-swinging, magic-wielding, lie-detecting automaton. As if being smack dab in the middle of a magical war wasn’t enough, here is a list of issues Emma has been expected to deal with just this season:
- The aftermath of the revelation that her parents are fairy tale characters who, due to a spell, are roughly the same age as her.
- The raising a son whose adoptive mother is the Evil Queen.
- Being sucked through a portal and trapped in another world.
- The discovery that her son’s father and Rumplestiltskin’s son are, in fact, the same person. And that one time love is engaged to be married.
- Her newfound magical powers.
Frankly, if we were Emma, we would have just sat down on the ground and started crying by now. We’re guessing that Emma’s upcoming struggles have much to do with the issues mentioned above, and we can’t wait to see some of it come to a head. Is Emma still in love with Neal? Will she be able to forgive her parents for abandoning her in the Land Without Magic all of those years ago? Will Henry forgive her for lying about his father? We shall see!
Do you want to see Emma have some emotional struggles? If you were her, would you have cracked by now? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the next episode of Once Upon a Time on Sunday, March 17, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.