Once Upon a Time Season 2, Episode 3: “Lady of the Lake” (airing October 14) can't get here fast enough.
We've already rounded up the juiciest spoilers for the episode, but that's not enough to satisfy our need to know more about what's coming up. We've taken a closer look at the Canadian and American promos for the episode to see what clues we can discover from them, especially when combined with the spoilers we already know.
Read spoilers at your own risk! For more on Wetpaint Entertainment's philosophy on spoilers, click here.
1. Swordfighting. The American promo confirms what we've suspected since seeing these sneak peek photos: David Nolan/Prince Charming (Josh Dallas) teaches Henry (Jared Gilmore) how to swordfight as part of a grandpa/grandson bonding activity. "You're the grandson of a prince!" he says. "It's about time you learned how to use a sword." Aww.
2. How do Emma and Snow get out of the pit? We'd been guessing that newbie Lancelot is the one who convinces Mulan (Jamie Chung) to let Mary Margaret/Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) go, but it looks like that might not be the case. In the American promo there's a shot of Lancelot leaving a hut, and then we see Snow and Emma looking at him. As you can see in the screenshot to the left, they're apparently already free and walking around by that moment. While it's possible that Lancelot had already helped them get out of the pit, it looks to us like Snow is surprised to see him.
3. Lancelot and the round table: Two things that are interesting from the American promo: King Arthur's Round Table is famous enough that Snow White (in flashback mode) has heard of it — so it probably exists in Fairytale Land, not some other world — and Lancelot says he's not part of it "anymore." This lines up with the info that he's been banished from it, probably for having an affair with Queen Guinevere, if the classic story is anything to go by. Is it just us, or does he sound bitter about it?
4. Sleeping Beauty's got a knife! As you can see in the screencap from the American promo to the right, Sleeping Beauty (Sarah Bolger) has one scary looking knife. Based on this sneak peek, she plans to use it on Snow.
5. Ogres have "returned"...and they attack: In the American promo, Lancelot says the "ogres have returned." Question: does he mean "they haven't been around for many years, and now they are back," or is it more like "these damn ogres keep attacking us every few months, and now they've returned again"? Also, as we see at the end of the American promo, our heroes in Fairytale Land will get attacked by ogres. As Snow puts it: "RUUUN!"
6. Snow thrown into the forest: At the beginning of the Canadian promo, which centers around the flashback story, Snow is tossed into the forest by some knights. Our guess is that this happens after King George (Alan Dale) poisons her (as per the press release about the episode.)
7. Lancelot wants to help Snow: Well, one thing's for sure: Snow isn't crippled by poison the whole flashback. In the Canadian promo, we also see her attack Lancelot. He tells her he's come to help. Her response is "after what you did to me?" He tries to convince her he's on her side, but she seems very suspicious. Did he have a hand in poisoning her? It definitely sounds like he's connected to King George now. How? Why?
8. George wants to kill Charming's mother: As we learn in the Canadian promo, Charming is "hiding his mother" somewhere, but George finds out where, and sends men to kill her. (Why? Probably because he's a dick.) Fortunately, Lancelot goes to Snow with this info, and we see Charming fighting a bunch of men. But does he get there in time? At the end of the clip, we hear someone say "son?" But is that the sound of a relieved woman whose life was saved, or the dying gasp of someone who's been wounded?
Check out both promos below.