Once Upon a Time Season 2 is overflowing with mysteries, and we have about a thousand burning questions. However, some are more pressing than others.
So, as we kill time between now and the next new episode (January, why are you still so far away?), we've narrowed down our list of things we want to know to just five questions we're really hoping to see answered in 2013.
1. Where is Baelfire? Who is Baelfire? We want to know what happened to Rumplestiltskin's (Robert Carlyle) son after he fell through the portal into a land without magic just about as badly as Rumple does. Did he stay in our world, or find his way somewhere else? Does he have another identity, such as Peter Pan or Henry's (Jared Gilmore) dad, Neal Cassady? Basically, we would like to meet him, please.
2. What's Neal been doing, and is he really a regular guy? Speaking of Neal, we want to know more about him, ASAP. What's he been up to since ditching Emma (Jennifer Morrison)? And is he really just some regular guy? Because even if he's not Bae, we suspect he has some connection to a magical world...
3. What are Emma's powers? Season 2, Episode 9: “Queen of Hearts” made it clear that Emma has some sort of powers, but we're still completely unsure of what they are, or whether or not she can learn to control them. We're hoping the second half of the season sheds some light on the situation.
4. Where is August (and what was in his box)? August (Eion Bailey) peaced out of Storybrooke as soon as the curse was broken, and we're not happy about it. We have so many questions, like, what the heck was in the box he showed Neal?
5. Who wrote Henry's fairytale book. We're still not sure who wrote the book of Fairytales that started Henry on his quest to find Emma and break the curse, and we're very curious about who's behind it. We feel like that answer to this question will shed a lot of light on someone, but we're just not sure who yet.
Bonus: Can Prince Philip be saved? Because he's super hot, and we'd like him back on our TV screen, please.
Once Upon a Time Season 2 returns on Sunday, January 6, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.