The characters on Once Upon a Time might have their hands full with breaking curses and slaying dragons and whatnot, but that doesn’t mean they’re too busy for a good zinger. We've rounded up the 10 best quotes from this week’s episode, Season 2, Episode 2: “We Are Both,” including Whale showing unexpected interest in Catholicism.
10. Charming [to Regina]: “We both know if you step outside, there's a line a mile long for your head.”
There’s always a line for the things you want to do, whether it’s a line at Starbucks or a line to behead someone.
9. Gold: “Careful, dearie — these are straight-up spells. Rough on the system.”
Regina: “I don’t care if they turn me green.”
The green look is not a popular one, but if the Wicked Witch of the West can pull it off, anyone can.
8. Regina [to Henry, when the tree grabs him]: “Don’t fight it, honey — you’ll get a splinter!”
When a tree comes to life and picks you up off the ground, a splinter seems like the least of your worries.
7. Regina: “I don't want to hurt anyone.”
Rumplestiltskin [comparing Regina and Cora]: “Hard to believe you're from the same family.”
It’s true that Cora might not be the best role model in the world.
6. Grumpy: “You're up, Snotty.”
Grumpy still needs to work on his people skills.
5. Regina [to David]: “I will not take childcare lectures from a man who put his daughter in a box and shipped her to Maine.”
At least getting shipped in a box means you don’t have to deal with the hassle of airport security.
4. Archie [about losing your memory]: “And coming back doesn’t fix it?”
Grumpy: “If it did, would I have come running in yelling, ‘Terrible news’?”
Archie needs to start paying better attention.
3. Regina [to Gold]: “How ‘bout that? Your pleases have lost their punch.”
Well, at least he still says “please.” That’s at least something, considering Gold isn’t exactly Mr. Manners.
2. Regina [to David, about what she would do to him with magic]: “And good luck getting magic to work — because as you said, you’d be charcoal.”
We’re not sure why Regina would need so much charcoal, but maybe she wants to throw a really kickass barbecue?
1. Whale: “Are the nuns still nuns, or can they, y’know, date?”
We’ve never known Whale to take such an interest in religion.
Catch the next new episode of Once Upon a Time on Sunday, October 14 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Want more OUAT news? Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter.