The characters on Once Upon a Time might have their hands full with breaking curses and slaying dragons and what not, but that doesn’t mean they’re too busy for a good zinger. We've rounded up the 10 best quotes from this week’s episode, Season 2, Episode 8: “Into the Deep,” including Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle) and Granny (Beverley Elliott) proving why they’re not besties.
10. Emma [to Mulan, about the compass]: “I climbed a beanstalk for this. You go get your own.”
Beanstalk climbs aren’t as enjoyable as you might think.
9. Mulan [to Aurora]: “The burns you’re hiding — they’re not from the sun.”
If they were from the sun, fair-skinned Aurora would have to significantly increase her SPF.
8. Cora [to Hook]: “Your pretty face buys you a lot, but not my time.”
Actually, we think his face could buy him anything. Yes, he’s that pretty.
7. Gold [to Belle]: “You know, you should try it with ketchup. Condiments are this world’s most powerful magic.”
Just wait until she tries barbecue sauce.
6. Cora [to Hook, about letting him come to Storybrooke]: “Why not? I hate to travel alone.”
It’s nice to have someone to play “I Spy” with on a long road trip.
5. Hook [to Cora, about how he lost the compass]: “Details of the affair are a bit of a bore.”
Just face it, Hook: Emma out-flirted you.
4. Gold [to Henry, about Cora being powerful]: “Yes, but not as powerful as I am.”
Gold: “Actually — no, it’s not.”
Agree to disagree.
3. David [to Regina, about whether he can handle the netherworld]: “I faced you — how bad could it be?”
David gives himself a little pep talk.
2. Gold [about Granny]: “I have a complicated relationship with her — as I do with most people.”
“Complicated” is a very polite way of putting it.
1. Emma [to Aurora]: “Okay, don’t take this the wrong way, but how the hell did you get here?”
Emma, meet tact. Get acquainted.
Catch the next new episode of Once Upon a Time on Sunday, December 2 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Want more OUAT news? Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter.