Pretty Little Liars had a home run episode last week (Season 4, Episode 16: "Close Encounters), and we're hoping Season 4, Episode 17 (“Bite Your Tongue”) keeps the magic coming. Is it likely to live up to our expectations? Well, the sneak peeks are promising.
In fact, there's a lot to learn from these clips, so we've taken a close look at them to see what they reveal about the episode.
1. Andrew is back! In this clip, Spencer has a one-on-one with one Mr. Andrew Campbell. Remember, Spencer's hot academic decathlon teammate? The one she stripped for?
2. And he's doing very well. According to Spence, Andrew is both "starting forward and summa cum laude." Sounds like she has a bit of competition for most accomplished student.
3. Is it because of pills? Spencer thinks she knows the secret to Andrew's success: study drugs. And guess what? She wants in. Uh-oh, Spence. This is not a good path to go down.
4. There's a new guidance counselor — and he likes Mona. In this clip, Mona tells Aria all about the school's new guidance counselor, who "sees through the bull" and brings people together who "need each other."
5. Mona's new friend. It would appear that Mona has a "little love connection" that Aria does not approve of. At this point, we're 90 percent sure the person Mona has made friends with is Mike, Aria's little brother. That would certainly explain why Aria is so upset in this clip.
6. Mona has grievances. In the second half of this clip, Mona makes one thing very clear: she feels shut out by the Liars, and she does not like it. We all know an unhappy Mona is a dangerous Mona, so this could get messy.
7. Maggie's back! Andrew isn't the only character making a reappearance this week. Maggie really is back in town, to settle up some issues with her lease and ship some final boxes to her new home in Seattle.
8. There's no Malcolm — And Ezra is not pleased. More interestingly, Ezra gets very upset when he learns that Maggie opted to leave Malcolm in Seattle. "So what are you saying, Maggie?" he asks. "That I'm not going to have a connection to Malcolm unless it's through an attorney?" Hmm. That makes it seem like his story to Aria last week might actually have some truth to it.
9. Aria hears this convo. At the very end of the clip, Aria walks into Ezra's classroom for long enough to hear Ezra's statement about the attorney. Whether Ezra really was dealing with this issue last week or not, this scene will probably help Aria believe he was telling the truth.
10. Emily in danger? Finally, this sneak peek leaves us worried for Emily.
What do you make of these sneak peeks? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars Season 4 on Tuesday, January 28, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.