Ever since we saw Ezra in that lair, we've been waiting for Aria to find out the truth about her love's seemingly evil ways. It looks like the big moment finally arrives in Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 20 ("Free Fall").
How will this long awaited confrontation play put? The promo for the episode gives us a taste of what looks like one of the most riveting episodes in PLL history. Here's what we learn from it:
1. Spencer's worried. This promo opens with what sounds like Spencer saying, "She's in love with him, and she's given up a lot to be with him." We see various Ezria clips from past episodes that remind us of exactly how true that statement is. If the Liars are going to confront Aria with what they've learned about Ezra, they need to do it in the right way.
2. The Liars running. At :05 we see Hanna and Emily running through what looks like a museum, based on the giant alligator mouth they rush past. At :08 we see what appears to be Emily, Hanna, and Spencer (though it's hard to tell if it's actually her) stuck at a door that appears not to be opening. Same scene?
3. Aria in the woods. At :07 we see someone we think is Aria running through the woods at night. Of course, Liars and nighttime jaunts don't often end well, so this clip has us worried. At :21 there is another shot of her in the woods, and she definitely appears distressed.
4. What makes Hanna jump. At :07 Hanna jumps back and gasps. What could illicit that reaction? Is it a creepy message from "A"?
5. Aria at the window. At :09 we see Aria rush to a window, where she spots Ezra waiting by a car. Will she catch him in a suspicious act? At :13 we also see her crouched in what looks like a basement. More spying?
6. Hi, Mona! At :09 there's a clip of Mona. Good. We want to know more about what she's up to.
7. Spencer spills her theory. At :10 we see Spencer talking to the other Liars — including Aria. "Ezra tried to kill Ali," she says. "He's freaking 'A'!" Speaking of freaking, Spencer herself seems like she's freaking out. We're not sure what the best way to break the news is, but screaming it at Aria — which is what this promo implies she does — is really not the correct answer.
8. Spencer and Hanna spy. At :13, Hanna and Spencer get their spy on. Are they gathering evidence before telling Aria?
9. Lies beget lies... At :14 we see Aria holding a stack of papers. We see a close up; the writing appears to be about Alison. We see part of a sentence: "Alison ever told me about herself was a lie. Lying was..." The "lying was" is underlined. "Lies beget lies..." someone has written.
10. Aria freaks out. At :15 we see Aria throw the pages down, seemingly infuriated.
11. Aria confronts Ezra. "I don't even know who you are," Aria sobs to Ezra at :17. "I've lied about a lot of things," he admits. Is he going to somehow try to make himself look like a good guy in her eyes despite the lies?
12. "Somebody help me!" The episode ends with Aria screaming this, desperate. Does Ezra try to hurt her? Or perhaps someone else. After all, we're still not sure if Ezra is "A"...
Check it out for yourself, and let us know what you make of this promo in the comments below!
Catch this episode of Pretty Little Liars on February 18, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.