Pretty Little Liars Season 5 is already overflowing with mysteries, and on Season 5, Episode 4 (“Thrown From the Ride”), the Liars will have to work fast to get to the bottom of things before the police start asking more questions.
What kind of trouble will our girls face this week? The sneak peeks for the episode give us some clues.
2. She also signs her text "A". Those of you who subscribe to the "Ali is 'A'" theory will probably get a kick out of Ali almost signing her text "A" before changing it to "Alison." A clue, or just a funny moment? That's up to you to decide. (Though really, Ali, you don't need to sign texts at all.)
3. The police want her to get an exam. Ali's dad enters the scene, telling her that the police need Ali to go through a medical exam. Will a medical exam expose her story? Either way, continued police questioning probably will...
4. Is Ali really upset, or just faking it? Tears spring to Ali's eyes at the very mention of a medical exam, and she begs her dad not to make her go. As always, we're left wondering if that emotion is genuine, or just a way to try to buy time before her story unravels.
5. The Liars are under harsh examination. In this clip, we learn that the Liars have resorted to eating in the courtyard, because the cafeteria was too uncomfortable. Clearly, all eyes are back on the friends of the not-so-dead girl.
7. Emily and Sydney get close. In this clip, it's clear Emily and new girl Sydney have been spending even more time together; Em even opens up to Sydney about how hard her home life is right now, since her mom keeps asking questions about Ali.
8. Sydney is curious. Near the end of the clip, Sydney admits that while she would never ask, she is curious about Ali and what Em knows. Is she just being honest and expressing natural curiosity, or does she have an ulterior motive for wanting to know more?
10. Mrs. Hastings is mad. In this clip, Spencer's (Troian Bellisario) mom is furious about having her entire back yard dug up. Is her anger just the general frustration of a woman used to having her home in pristine condition, or is she upset because she's worried about having a secret exposed?
11. Mrs. Hastings defends Melissa. Spencer tries to bring up Melissa, but Mrs. H gets very defensive, very fast, declaring that the only secret Melissa was keeping was her renewed relationship with Wren, and refusing to talk about it more. It's clear that Melissa is keeping bigger secrets than that; is Mrs. Hastings just in denial, or is she trying to keep Spencer in the dark?
12. Toby is out of town. Sorry, Spoby fans, it sounds like Toby is out of town this week. Sigh.
What do you make of these sneak peeks? Let us know in the comments below!
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars Season 5 on Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC Family.