This episode has been billed as a #fAtalfinale, and the American promo gives us some clues about exactly what that means. Who's going down when the curtain rises on the final installment of the summer? We've taken a close look at the promo to see what it reveals.
1. Is there actually a body? The promo opens with the Liars walking into an apparent crime scene, looking shocked, while we hear Wilden's explanation of the situation in voice over: "The amount of blood in the house would indicate that the victim's wounds were fatal. We have ruled this a homicide." Note that he says would indicate. That makes it sound like the cops don't actually have a body, otherwise they would know for sure whether or not the wounds were fatal. Is someone really dead? On this show, we only believe it when we see the body (and even then, you can never be really sure...).
2. Someone will die. Body or not, unless the promo is straight up lying, "someone will die," as it tells us at :14.
3. Hanna is devastated. At :08 we see Hanna in tears. It looks like she's the most upset about whatever is happening. Is it someone close to her that dies? Caleb? Her mom? Mona?
4. "It's all your fault." At :09 Em gets this message: "It's all your fault - A." Is that about the homicide? How is it the Liars' fault? Do they do something "A" tells them not to?
5. Who thinks Ali is "A"? At :10 we see Aria and Hanna talking to someone who apparently thinks Ali herself is "A". No kidding! We've thought that's a strong possibility for a while. But who are they talking to? It's a girl with dark hair, who we're pretty sure is Mona, since she looks like she's wearing the same shirt as Mona has on at :11. Plus, it sounds like Mona is the one who says, "I think she's gone full-on socio."
6. Ali vs. Emily. We see a confrontation between Ali and Emily at :18. That should be very interesting. Ali looks pissed.
7. Who gets arrested? At :18 we see Wilden burst into the Brew. Then we hear him tell someone, "You have a right to an attorney," and we see cuffs go on someone at :20. So, who gets arrested?
At :19 we see Emily looking really shocked, and we hear her say, "What?!" But we're not convinced she's the one who's cuffed — it looks more like she's watching it go down. If you look really closely you can see that the person who is cuffed has black nail polish. Sounds like Hanna, right? That's our guess for now.
Check it out yourself:
Did we miss something? Interpret something wrong? Share your observations in the comments below!
Catch this episode of Pretty Little Liars on August 26, 2014 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.