Pretty Little Liars proves that anyone can lie, but it takes practice to do it with style. We've rounded up the 10 best quotes from this week’s episode, Season 3, Episode 10: “What Lies Beneath,”” including Aria discussing baked goods.
10. Hanna [about Maya’s knife]: “I don’t think she was gutting fish.”
We don’t recommend fishing in Rosewood, since every body of water probably contains several submerged corpses.
9. Nate [to Emily, about Jenna]: “The way she looked past me, you’d think she was still blind.”
Nate really shouldn’t pine for a girl who has considered both Garrett and Noel to be Mr. Right.
8. Ella: “I have to teach Shakespeare today, and I don’t think I should be slurring my way through the iambic pentameter.”
Actually, being drunk might make Shakespearean dialogue start to make sense.
7. Emily: “Leave it to Maya to make even pajamas look sexy.”
As long as they aren’t footie pajamas, since no one can make those things look sexy.
6. Noel [to Spencer]: “It’s kinda hot, knowing you think I’m capable of murder.”
Noel has a weird definition of the word “hot.”
5. Aria: “There’s only so much caffiene a girl can take.”
Then again, according to Spencer, a girl can never have enough caffeine.
4. Emily [to Hanna]: “What’s this — are you taking up scrapbooking?”
Emily thinks Hanna is scrapbooking? Has she met Hanna before?
3. Aria: “What am I supposed to say? ‘Sorry, buddy — don’t get your hopes up. My mom is dating half of Rosewood.’”
Dating half of Rosewood is a bad idea, since roughly four-fifths of Rosewood’s citizens appear to be deranged psychopaths.
2. Emily: “Lying to Toby is like lying to the Dalai Lama.”
Speaking of the Dalai Lama, we’re guessing Toby would like to be reincarnated as anything but a Rosewood resident.
1. Aria [to Zach, about her mom]: “If you hurt her, I will crush your scones.”
Aria is quite adept at anatomical wordplay.
Catch an all-new episode of PLL on Tuesday, August 21 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Get your Pretty Little Liars fix: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr!