Pretty Little Liars proves that anyone can lie, but it takes practice to do it with style. We've rounded up the best quotes from this week’s episode, Season 2, Episode 23: “Eye of the Beholder,” including Aria (Lucy Hale) and Hanna (Ashley Benson) sizing Duncan up.
10. Spencer [to Hanna]: “And then I came back here, and I found you lurking in the hydrangeas.”
You never know what you’ll find in your hydrangeas these days.
9. Ella: “This family invented mixed signals.”
As far as useless inventions go, this one is up there with inventing the melon baller or the Chia pet.
8. Hanna [to Spencer, getting confused]: “Did something just happen?”
Try to stay focused, Hanna. You can daydream about sample sales later.
7. Jenna: “I bet even a lie would sound good in that accent.”
Don’t worry, Jenna — there are plenty of lies on this show to go around.
6. Ezra [to Aria’s mom]: “I can offer you chocolate milk or an apple.”
Ezra’s hosting skills could use some work.
5. Hanna [about Duncan]: “He was cute from the back.”
Aria: “And so was his front!”
Uh, last time we checked, didn’t both of these girls have boyfriends?
4. Spencer [about Toby bonding with Jenna]: “It’s like out of the frying pan and into the volcano.”
In case you couldn’t tell, Spencer isn’t exactly on Team Jenna.
3. Mona [about Jenna]: “Frankly, I’d love to take that cane and whack her like a pinata.”
Something tells us that Jenna wouldn’t be full of free candy.
2. Hanna: “I can’t go around without a phone — that’s like going around without a brain... or shoes.”
We’re assuming that, if Hanna had to choose between having a brain and a pair of shoes, it would be like Sophie’s Choice for her.
1. Spencer: “If only we could harness Mona’s sense of entitlement, we could light the eastern seaboard.”
We appreciate that Spencer is trying to find green forms of energy.
Catch an all-new Pretty Little Liars on Monday, March 12 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Get your Pretty Little Liars fix: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr!