We are beyond excited for a brand new episode of Pretty Little Liars tonight (Season 3, Episode 13: “This Is a Dark Ride”, airing October 23)! We’ve already revealed the biggest spoilers for the Season 3 Halloween episode, and now it’s time to review all the previews, promos, and sneak peeks to dig for clues and hints about what to expect. Are you ready?
Here are the top 6 clues we noticed.
1. Mona’s up to no good. In this sneak peek, we see Mona (Janel Parrish) in her Radley cell, painting the face of a papier mache head. She’s singing the 1932 children’s song, “Teddy Bear Picnic,” as “A” sits in a dark hoodie nearby. She’s insanely (pun intended) excited for Halloween, and we think we know why. In one of the previews, we get a glimpse of that same papier mache head tucked under her covers. We think Mona will be sneaking out for the Halloween ghost train party in Rosewood, and performing her “A” team duties. Plus, we see her giving “A” four bullets and three pills, which can’t be good news.
2. Who’s the joker? In the same promo, we see someone dressed in an elaborate joker costume chasing after Spencer (Troian Bellisario). And in this sneak peek, that same joker slips some kind of drug into Aria’s (Lucy Hale) drink when she isn’t looking. Since the joker has red nails and somewhat ladylike hands, we’re going to assume it’s a girl. Could it be Mona? Does this mean that she held on to the fourth pill so she could crush it up and give it to Aria? Or is it someone else on the “A” team that we don’t know about?
3. Noel doesn’t have a great night. Despite having “big plans” for Halloween, Noel (Brant Daugherty) finds himself choking in this sneak peek. Toby (Keegan Allen), of all people, saves him as everyone else (including Jenna [Tammin Sursok]!) looks on, horrified. We also hear Noel’s bitter voice saying, “Every mess you bitches make for yourselves” in this promo. Is it time to feel badly for Noel? Not if he’s working with “A”!
4. Toby threatens Garrett. In this sneak peek, Garrett (Yani Gellman) tries to tell Spencer about the night Alison (Sasha Pieterse) disappeared, and about who stole Ali’s body. But Toby stops him before he reveals his secrets. Toby gives Garrett such a threatening look that we’re definitely scared for Garrett’s life.
5. Garrett goes missing. Not only does Garrett get the evil eye from Toby, but he also goes missing in this episode. In a sneak peek, Spencer tells the Liars that she can’t find Garrett, and that his phone has been disconnected. Is this a good sign that he’s the murder victim?
Find more Pretty Little Liars spoilers here.
Don’t miss the next new episode of PLL, the Halloween special, on Tuesday, October 23 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Molly Friedman is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @MollyFriedman.
Get your Pretty Little Liars fix: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr!