Pretty Little Liars' original villain, Mona Vanderwaal (Janel Parrish), is back in a big way in Season 3B. Tonight's episode, Season 3, Episode 15: "Mona-Mania!," is even named after her.
Although we've spent a lot of time thinking about who else might be on the "A" team, we still have a ton of questions about the original "A". Here are the five things we most want to know about the girl who defined terror over the first two seasons.
1. Whose orders is she taking — and why? The Season 2 finale (Season 2, Episode 25: “UnmAsked”) ended with a mysterious figure in red visiting Mona at Radley, and Mona telling her visitor that she'd done everything they'd asked. Who was that person, and how did Mona get involved with them?
2. Why was she really part of the "A" team? Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mona claimed she targeted the girls because they stole Hanna from her, but that doesn't actually make much sense. After all, Hanna didn't bond with the other Liars until after "A" started torturing them — that's what drew the estranged friends back together. So what's the real story?
3. How crazy is she? On one hand, we know Mona's not completely sane because, well, duh. On the other hand, we also know she was never as out of it as she appeared to be at Radley. So where's the truth? Is she a totally focused sociopath, or just out of touch with reality some of the time? And if she's not crazy in the way she appeared, how did she manage to fool Dr. Sullivan and the other doctors at Radley? (Beyond every adult in Rosewood being incompetent, of course.)
4. Why did she "help" the Liars? In Season 3, Episode 14: “She’s Better Now” Mona claimed she had reformed, and pointed out that she helped the Liars by giving them Maya's (Bianca Lawson) website, which eventually led to uncovering Maya's identity. While we don't buy that she's "better" now, we are curious about why she handed over the site. Was that part of the "A" team's plan, somehow, or was she working on her own?
5. What is her connection to Lucas? And Jenna? And Jason? And... Okay, this one's kind of cheating. But there are so many other relationships we want to know about! Why was Lucas (Brendan Robinson) visiting her at Radley? Since when is she BFFs with Jason (Drew Van Acker)? She and Jenna (Tammin Sursok) seemed to bond during the first Halloween flashback episode (Season 2, Episode 13: ”The First Secret”) — what happened with that?
What do you want to know about Mona? Share your questions in the comments below!
Find more Pretty Little Liars spoilers here.
Catch the next episode of Pretty Little Liars on Tuesday, January 15, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.