We found out who "A" is! Well…sorta. If we heard the PLL director correctly, we now have the biggest clue yet.
- The little liars are convinced that Noel is messing with them and panic every time he’s around. Aria thinks he has a grudge against them because Alison caused his girlfriend to break up with him in middle school, but that sounds like a pretty ridiculous reason to stalk four girls and run one over. However, he's become their prime suspect after Hanna saw him in the woods, and now he's threatening Ezra, manipulating Aria, and smiling in a suspicious way. (Apparently smiling can make you Rosewood's most wanted these days).
- The episode begins in Hanna’s house and her three best friends are taking care of her. She's stuck in a wheelchair, but that doesn’t stop her from finding her mom’s money in, um, a lasagna box. It’s a weird place to keep thousands of dollars (we would have chosen a ravioli box), but Ms. Marin thought no one would find it there. Well she was wrong. Hanna discovers it right away and judges her mom, which is ironic because Hanna used to be the thief in the family.
- Hanna’s life is a disaster with her injury, financial troubles and boy problems, but Spencer seems happy for once. Her and Alex are inseparable until “A” interferes. Shocking right? “A” frames Spencer for sending in Alex’s application to a tennis program behind his back. He thinks she’s trying to turn him into someone he’s not and their relationship ends quicker than Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal’s.
- Speaking of romances, things get awkward at the Fields’ family dinner and not just because Maya is allergic to the food. Maya makes sure to dress up and act polite, but Emily’s conservative mom is uncomfortable the entire time. She doesn’t want to believe her daughter is a lesbian and sheds a few tears after she spots Emily and Maya playing footsie under the table. To make matters worse, she walks in on them kissing and later tells Emily she’s disgusted with her relationship. So much for Emily having parents who love her for who she is.
- But Emily and Maya's love is put on hold when Emily sees Toby out of jail, chilling on his porch and promises that she wasn't the one who called the police. He’s on house arrest now, but the only thing worse than being stuck at home is being confined to his house with Jenna Marshall. And then shocker: she confesses to calling the cops on him so he would be at home where he belongs…with her. Disturbing? Incestual? Manipulative? Yes, especially after she tries to kiss him.
- Meanwhile, Noel is popping up everywhere from Ezra’s classroom to Hanna’s house. He promises to keep Aria’s secret safe, but then he blackmails Ezra into giving him an "A" on his paper. Naturally, Ezra is freaked out because his future is in the hands of a 16-year-old student who hates him. We wouldn’t exactly be calm either.
- As usual Mona is only concerned with her popularity and throws a surprise party to welcome Hanna home from the hospital. Everyone is excited to see her except for Lucas who’s been ignoring her since she told him she only wanted to be friends. He spends the night drinking, moping, and picking fights with Sean, but what finally sets Sean off is when Lucas compares him to a St. Bernard. Sean tries to beat up Lucas, but Noel quickly tears them apart. That doesn’t sound like something “A” would do, so we’re a little skeptical he’s “A.”
- We say byebye to Lucas' sweet, nerdy persona. He calls Alison a bitch, hints that she made his life miserable in middle school, and confesses that he ruined her memorial, hence the muddy sneakers that day at school. He storms off wishing he could be with Hanna and making her feel even worse than before. (Quite a welcome home party!).
- But that's not Hanna's only argument of the night. She's angry Aria is dating Ezra and that Aria kept it from her for so long. The two girls aren't on the best of terms because of this and Spencer thinks "A"'s next move is to tear all four girls apart.
- Meanwhile, Ian and Melissa are on their honeymoon (at the mall, which is oh so romantic) and Ian’s boxes are waiting at the Hastings’ house. Spencer panics when her dad explains that the bloodstain on Toby’s sweater is Alison’s. To make matters worse, she discovers something all too familiar in her living room. We see a flashback from seventh grade when Alison returned from a trip to Georgia but Spencer notices that her luggage tag says Hilton Head, SC. Spencer knows something is up, but Alison brushes it off. Good thing Spencer is so observant because she realizes that Ian has a luggage tag from the same resort. So does that mean Alison and Ian had a little rendezvous in Hilton Head? Worse than the fact that he cheated on Melissa is that as seventh grader Alison went on a romantic getaway with an 18-year-old. Between Aria and Ezra, Jenna and Toby, and Alison and Ian, there are more illegal relationships on this show than legal ones.
- Back to Hanna’s house post party. She freaks out when she thinks someone is breaking in, but has a momentary relief when she realizes it's just her mom. But her fear quickly returns when her and her mom discover that all the money is missing. Stressed out and unsure of what to do, Ms. Marin takes one of Hanna's sleeping pills to help rid her problems. But we don't think they'll be going away anytime soon. “A” leaves a note in Hanna’s pill bottle saying she’ll get all the money back if she obeys.
- The episode ends in a frightening way with “A” in action. This time the mysterious person is inserting bills into a clown bank. Now if only we knew who owned this bank we’d solve the whole mystery, but until then the little liars will have to keep putting together the clues.