Pretty Little Liars Season 4 is still months away (it premieres on June 11), which means we have a lot of time to reflect on what we want to see when it does roll around. We've already spent hours pouring over the many questions we're hoping will be answered, but we're not just in Pretty Little Liars for the mystery. Relationships, friendships, and character moments matter to us, too!
With that in mind, we've come up with a wish list of ten non-mystery related things we're hoping to see from the new season.
1. Spoby — but keep it complicated. We were thrilled to see Spencer and Toby reunite in the Season 3 finale (Season 3, Episode 24: "A dAngerous gAme"), but that doesn't mean we want all the pain Toby put Spencer through in Season 3B swept under the rug. We think these two can work it out, but we hope the scars of Toby's betrayal — however well intended it was — are addressed.
2. Mona. Lots and lots of Mona. Mona is kinda the best. She has amazing chemistry with all four Liars, and we love the idea that they may end up working together, now. We want to continue to see all the different sides of her.
3. Variation for Ezria. We've made no secret of the fact that we're kind of over Ezria right now. It's not that the couple could never possibly be interesting again, but they've repeated the same pattern so many times it's getting ridiculous. We hope they stay broken up for a while this time, so that when they do inevitably reconcile, their relationship can finally be different. Variation — it's the spice of TV shows!
4. Get Caleb involved again — ideally with Paige. It was nice to get some more Caleb backstory, but we like it best when he's using his hacker skills to help the girls. We really enjoyed his brief alliance with Paige at the beginning of 3B. Being the significant other of a Liar is a special kind of stressful. We'd love to see them develop a real friendship — while trying to protect the girls, of course!
5. Emily says "I love you." Speaking of Paige, isn't it about time Emily said those three little words?
6. Jenna and the "B" team. We obviously want to see much more of the "B" team, but we're especially interested in Jenna, whose presence was missed in Season 3B. She remains one of our favorite enigmatic characters, and we hope to see her around Rosewood a lot next season. We're really curious to see her with Toby now that we know for sure that they've both been up to no good.
7. Ali, Ali everywhere. Is Ali really alive and the head of the "A" team? It would certainly appear so. Either way, we're hoping Season 4 will delve even deeper into this character than ever. She's a key player, but in many ways she's still a mystery, and we look forward to continuing to get to know her.
8. Hastings family dysfunction. We can't be the only ones obsessed with the Hastings family — and we're including Jason in that — and all their dysfunctional glory, right? We want to see as much of Spencer, Melissa, Jason (if he's alive), and Mr. and Ms. Hastings as possible.
9. Keep the parents involved. In fact, we want to see more off all of the pretty little parents — especially if they're actually tied into the main plot somehow.
10. Missing characters, come back! There are a ton of MIA characters, and we'd really like to see more of them. Especially Lucas, Mike Montgomery, and Rosewood's best creeper, Noel Kahn.
What do you want to see from the season? Let us know in the comments!
Find more Pretty Little Liars spoilers here.
Pretty Little Liars Season 4 premieres on Tuesday, June 11, 2013 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaDMartin.