The Pretty Little Liars Season 3 Halloween special (Season 3, Episode 13: “This Is a Dark Ride”, airing October 23) is getting so close, and we’re reeling with excitement. But which characters are absolutely guaranteed to make an appearance in the spooky hour, and who should we not get our hopes up for?
Read spoilers at your own risk! For more on Wetpaint Entertainment's philosophy on spoilers, click here.
Let’s start with who’s confirmed for “It’s a Dark Ride.”
- All four Liars and all four of their significant others, meaning Caleb (Tyler Blackburn), Toby (Keegan Allen), Ezra (Ian Harding), and Paige (Lindsey Shaw) are all in the episode.
- Garrett (Yani Gellman) will play a “very important part” of the episode, even if he’s nowhere to be found in Rosewood.
- Alison (Sasha Pieterse): Most likely in a flashback, possibly to the night she went missing.
- Jason (Drew Van Acker): He’ll make his return in this episode.
- Lucas (Brendan Robinson): No details about how or why yet, but Brendan confirmed to us that Lucas is there.
- Mona (Janel Parrish): This sneak peek confirms it.
- Jenna (Tammin Sursok): And she’s still with Noel (Brant Daugherty), and she’s wearing an eye patch as part of her Halloween costume.
Now for the characters who definitely won’t be in the episode.
- Melissa (Torrey DeVitto): Torrey DeVitto said that she won’t be in “It’s a Dark Ride,” but she will definitely be back in Season 3.
- Dr. Sullivan: We won’t be seeing the mysterious therapist again until Season 3, Episode 18: "Dead to Me".
And what about those characters who are unconfirmed either way?
- Wren (Julian Morris): Julian was first spotted on the Season 3 set around September 26, long after the cast and crew had filmed the Halloween special.
- Wesley (Gregg Sulkin): We know that Wesley will be back for two episodes in Season 3, but neither of them include the Halloween episode.
- Shana (Aeriel Miranda): If we had to guess, we’d say that the new girl in town will attend the Halloween ghost train party, especially since she’s been plotting something having to do with the Liars’ costumes from her job at the Halloween shop. But nothing has been confirmed yet. Even if she isn’t in that episode, she is definitely coming back in Season 3.
Find more Pretty Little Liars spoilers here.
Don’t miss the next new episode of PLL, the Halloween special, on Tuesday, October 23 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Molly Friedman is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @MollyFriedman.
Catch the final webisode of Pretty Dirty Secrets on Tuesday, October 16 at 9 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on ABCFamily.com.
Get your Pretty Little Liars fix: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr!