Pretty Little Liars Season 3 summer finale (Season 3, Episode 12: “The Lady Killer”) by being on the "A" team. In fact, they've even put out a list of 12 suspects, asking fans to vote on who is the most suspicious.
So, here's the question: If someone isn't on that list, does that mean they aren't the betrayer? Logically, that would seem to be the case. Plus, showrunner Marlene King joked on Twitter, "I want to vote on the betrayal sight but I think my choice might give it away," which seems to hint that the correct answer is there (which is why her vote would give it away, since she knows who it is).
Assuming the betrayer is from that list of twelve, that leaves a lot of suspicious people in the clear, at least for now. Of course, just because they aren’t the betrAyer doesn’t exclude them from the “A” team. Obviously, there are a ton of characters who didn't make the list, but some are more notable than others. Here are 10 characters whose absence from the list we find particularly telling.
1. Jason DiLaurentis (Drew Van Acker): We guess his mysterious disappearance isn't "A" team-related — or if it is, we won't find out about it in the finale.
2. Wren Kingston (Julian Morris): This romantically scorned doc has motive and opportunity, but maybe he really is as sweet as he seems.
3 & 4. Both of Spencer's parents: Byron Montgomery (Chad Lowe) and Ashley Marin (Laura Leighton) made the list, but not the two most suspicious 'rents in Rosewood. What gives?
5. Holden (Shane Coffey): Holden was involved with the roving parties and is generally mysterious, but at the same time he's close enough to Aria (Lucy Hale) that his participation in the "A" team would be a painful betrayal. We're shocked not to see him in the suspect pool.
6. Nate (Sterling Sulieman): We still don't trust Nate, and, like Holden, we're frankly really surprised he's not on the list.
7. Mike Montgomery (Cody Christian): Aria's little bro has always been hard to read, and many fans have wondered if he's more than just a troubled young man. However, since he hasn't been around this season we guess it makes sense that he's not currently a suspect.
8 & 9. Jenna Marshall (Tammin Sursok) and Noel Kahn (Brant Daugherty): We suppose these two are so at odds with the Little Liars that it wouldn't be a huge betrayal if they turned out to be on the "A" team. We still don't trust them.
10. Alison DiLaurentis (Sasha Pieterse): We still think she might be alive and part of the "A" team, though we can see why ABC family wouldn't just put her down as a suspect.
Catch an all-new episode of PLL on Tuesday, August 14 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Rebecca Martin is an editor at Wetpaint Entertainment. Follow her on Twitter @BeccaMartin47.
Get your Pretty Little Liars fix: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr!