While his character isn’t the best moral compass on TV, Pretty Little Liars star Chad Lowe — who plays Aria and Mike’s father Bryon Montgomery — is definitely a cool guy in real life.
We’ve got some fun facts to share about this handsome actor that you might not have known about!
1. He has a famous brother. Chad is the younger brother of the sexy star Rob Lowe, who’s appeared in a number of famous films like Wayne’s World and The Outsiders, and is known for his work on The West Wing and, most recently, Parks and Recreation.
2. He’s an Emmy Award winner. Chad won an Emmy Award for his supporting role as a man living with HIV in the ‘90s TV series Life Goes On. Did you know Life Goes On was the first TV series to have a major character with Down syndrome?
3. He’s a writer/director. In 2000, Chad wrote and directed a short film called The Audition, featuring his then wife Hilary Swank, which brings us to fun fact #4...
4. He was married to a famous actress. Chad married Academy Award-winning actress Hilary Swank in 1997, but the two later divorced in 2006.
5. He attended a high school known for turning out Hollywood stars. With a famous brother, it might seem Chad was destined for Hollywood. He attended Santa Monica High School, and some of his soon-to-be famous BFFs included Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen, Sean Penn, Chris Penn, and Robert Downey, Jr. Wow!
Who knew Chad had such a star-studded life? We’re excited to see more of him on this season of PLL!