Just because Mona's (Janel Parrish) wardrobe now includes a straightjacket doesn’t mean she’s lost any of her sassy attitude on Pretty Little Liars. To prove our point, here are our 10 favorite Mona-isms from the first half of Season 3. (Let’s just hope for Hanna's [Ashley Benson] sake that her assessment of Caleb's [Tyler Blackburn] kissing is way off.)
10. Mona [to Hanna, about their friendship]: “Let’s be honest — we’ve had our ups and downs.” (From Season 3, Episode 3: “Kingdom of the Blind”)
9. Mona: “Like, ‘She Lives Under Trees’ equals slut!” (From Season 3, Episode 7: “Crazy”)
As if Mona was ever all that timid about calling someone a slut to their face.
8. Mona: “But how are you, Hanna Banana? What’s the news of the boulevard?” (From Season 3, Episode 3: “Kingdom of the Blind”)
Well, Mona, the news of the boulevard is that you’re a total nutjob. Thanks for asking.
7. Mona: “You’re getting them again, aren’t you — the texts?” (From Season 3, Episode 2: “Blood is the New Black”)
Mona should know not to ask questions that she already knows the answer to.
6. Mona [to Hanna, about Aria (Lucy Hale)]: “What is she doing back here?” (From Season 3, Episode 7: “Crazy”)
We doubt that Aria appreciates being referred to in the third person.
5. Mona [about her other visitors]: “My parents. Mostly, they just sit and look at me like they don’t quite know who I am. Awkward!” (From Season 3, Episode 3: “Kingdom of the Blind”)
If we were Mona’s parents, we’d definitely pretend that we didn’t know Mona.
4. Mona: “If I knew Nate was gonna get Garrett out, I would have stayed in tonight.” (Season 3, Episode 12: “The Lady Killer”)
Apparently, Mona’s two favorite pastimes are planting cell phones on people, and playing Go Fish with mental patients.
3. Hanna [about what to ask the Ouija board]: “I don’t know — does Sean still have his v-card?”
Mona: “Like we need the spirit world to tell us that!” (Season 3, From Episode 7: “Crazy”)
Sean does not exactly live life in the fast lane.
2. Mona: “So tell me — did they ever find what’s left of Alison?” (Season 3, From Episode 3: “Kingdom of the Blind”)
Clearly, Mona has never been a fan of tact.
1. Mona [to Caleb]: “You are a lousy kisser.” (Season 3, From Episode 3: “Kingdom of the Blind”)
We’re sorry, but we flat-out refuse to believe this.
Don’t miss the next new episode of PLL, the Halloween special, on Tuesday, October 23 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC Family.
Get your Pretty Little Liars fix: Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter and Tumblr!