The turkey’s in the oven, the pies are baked, and the cranberry sauce is on the table. But do you know what you’re going to wash the meal down with? Now you do. Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump has just the thing! Lisa’s drink of choice this Thanksgiving is a Pumpkin Spiced Martini from her restaurant Sur — and she’s giving you the recipe!
Here’s a little message from Lisa herself: “Happy Thanksgiving! What better way to celebrate this fabulously Pumpkin-y holiday than with a pumpkin of your own — spiked with vodka, of course! Sweet and spicy, this drink is the perfect holiday nectar to get you in the spirit! This cocktail is rich and creamy, so feel free to make it as shots instead if you want a lighter version… Enjoy!”
Check out Lisa’s other autumn recipes for Fresh Cranberry Sauce and Turkey Burgers With Cranberries, Goat Cheese, and Sweet Potato Fries. And for even more recipes by Lisa Vanderpump, Villa Blanca, and Sur, be sure to visit www.TheDivineAddiction.com.
Sur Pumpkin Spiced Martini
(Makes 1 martini)
2 oz Vodka
2½ tbsp Pumpkin purée
2 tsp simple syrup
1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
4 ice cubes
For the rim:
1 tbsp granulated sugar
½ tbsp Apple Pie Spice
1. Place a bit of cold water on a plate and roll the edge of your martini glass through it, so the edge is slightly wet.
2. Place the granulated sugar and ½ tbsp of apple pie spice on a new plate and combine.
3. Slowly twirl the edge of the martini glass through the sugar/spice to coat the rim of the glass.
4. Add the vodka, pumpkin, simple syrup, apple pie spice and ice to a shaker.
5. Shake vigorously.
6. Strain into your martini glass.