Wondering what to do with the leftover pumpkin puree that didn’t quite make it into your pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving? Lisa Vanderpump says if life gives you pumpkin, make pumpkin bread! The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star opened up her recipe book to us, offering this crowd-pleasing recipe for Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Bread — and it looks delicious, to say the least!
Here’s a little message from Lisa: “It’s autumn, and pumpkins are littering every doorstep and backyard. However, these orange delights aren’t just for decorating! Pumpkins are sweet, spicy and delicious in anything from Pumpkin Risotto to pumpkin cookies. Here, we’ve made a mild, sweet and slightly spicy bread that is perfect served alone, with salted butter, a drizzle of caramel sauce, or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!”
Check out Lisa’s other autumn recipes for Fresh Cranberry Sauce, Pumpkin Spiced Martinis, and Turkey Burgers With Cranberries, Goat Cheese, and Sweet Potato Fries. And for even more recipes by Lisa Vanderpump, Villa Blanca, and Sur, be sure to visit www.TheDivineAddiction.com.
Spiced Pecan Pumpkin Bread
(Makes 2 loaves)
3 cups white granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 can (around 16oz) pumpkin purée (solid pack pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling)
3 cups flour
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 ½ tsp apple pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Get out two loaf pans and lightly butter and flour them.
3. Add the sugar, oil and eggs to a bowl. Beat until smooth.
4. Add the pumpkin purée to the mixture and beat until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients (flour, cloves, cinnamon, apple pie spice, baking soda, salt, baking powder).
6. Slowly add the mixture of dry ingredients into the pumpkin/egg mixture. We do this in 3 different parts, so that all of the dry ingredients get incorporated fully.
7. Mix in the pecans.
8. Divide the batter equally between your two pans.
9. Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
10. Don’t overcook the bread, as you want it moist!
11. Remove from the oven, and cool on racks.
12. Using a metal spatula, loosen the edges of the loaves.
13. Turn the pans upside down to remove the loaves.
14. Let cool and enjoy!