Ready for Thanksgiving, Vanderpump-style? Just in time for the holiday, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump is offering up her favorite Turkey Burger recipe exclusively to Wetpaint Entertainment. The best part? It’s perfect for those of you who want to put the turkey in Turkey Day, but don’t want to slave away in the kitchen all day.
Says Lisa: “This burger is decadent, sweet, and stuffed with Thanksgiving flavors — for the days when you want a festive lunch, but don’t want to make the whole Thanksgiving shebang! Enjoy!”
For more recipes by Lisa Vanderpump, Villa Blanca, and Sur, be sure to visit www.TheDivineAddiction.com.
Thanksgiving Turkey Burger with Cranberries, Goat Cheese & Sweet Potato Fries
1 Turkey Breast cutlet
2 Tbsp Dried Cranberries
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Cranberry sauce
1 sprig sage
1 Brioche or Hawaiian Bun
2 Tbsp Goat cheese
Salt and Pepper
1. Turn grill on medium heat.
2. Season turkey breast with salt and pepper.
3. With a lightly oiled grill, cook turkey breast about 4-6 minutes per side (depending upon thickness) until cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, mix mayo and cranberry sauce, set aside.
5. Cut the bun in half, oil each side and place on grill for 30 seconds.
6. Add the cranberry mayo and dried cranberries to the bun
7. Place grilled turkey breast on the bun and top with goat cheese
8. Serve with sweet potato fries and mixed green salad.
Sweet Potato Fries
1 Sweet Potato or yam, cut into desired length
3 Cups Soybean Oil
1 squart pot
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Bring Oil to a temperature of 325˚F.
2. Add the sweet potato fries (do not overcrowd) and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Place fries on a paper towel and repeat with remaining fries.
4. Turn the heat up on the oil to 375˚.
5. Fry the fries in batches until crispy.
6. Season with salt and pepper.