Adrienne Maloof’s personal chef is our favorite Facebook friend. He posts commentary about the RHoBH cast, cooking tips (i.e., don’t wash your chicken with hand soap), and recipes! Here is Bernie’s recipe for “Noodle Kugle,” a dish he’s making for the Maloof family this Thanksgiving:
6 eggs, beaten
3 1/2 tablespoons sour cream
1 stick butter, melted
1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 cup white baker’s granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (dark or light is fine)
1 cup golden raisins
3 or 4 Gala or Fuji apples
1 16oz bag of medium egg noodles
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Cook egg noodles, strain.
- While egg noodles are cooking, peel and slice the apples paper-thin.
- Soak golden raisins in warm water for roughly 5-10 minutes, to plump, then drain in colander.
- Butter 9x13 glass baking pan.
- Mix eggs, sour cream, melted butter, vanilla, lemon, and sugars in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the raisins, sliced apples, and noodles.
- Pour into pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until top is browned. Kugle should be moist in the middle.