Poor Portia Umansky! The four-year-old daughter of Kyle Richards, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star, swallowed a “watch battery” that was in a light-up necklace yesterday.
Kyle told Anderson Cooper on Anderson Live, “For some reason, it looked like a little mint. She decided to put it in her mouth as a joke, and then she goes, ‘Gulp! I swallowed one!’”
Kyle and husband Mauricio Umansky, who were in New York City for the premiere of Season 3 of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, relied on Kyle’s older daughters and other mommy friends to help.
Kyle recalled how scared she was when she found out, and told Anderson she was ready to “parachute out of the plane” to get back to Beverly Hills. Doctors told her the battery was “on its way out” and Portia, Kyle’s youngest of four, was going to be fine.
“This is a 3-volt battery, so we’re okay, but they can be very dangerous,” Kyle says, “and you do need to keep your batteries locked up, moms and dads!”
Great tip, Kyle! And we’re just so glad to hear she’s ok!
We can’t wait to see Portia return in Season 3, Episode 2, “The Higher the Heel, the Closer to God,” when she’ll be celebrating her fourth birthday with all her dahling friends.
Source: Anderson Live