1. She started acting when she was 4 years old. Her first major break came in 1992, when she starred in the serial Swans Crossing and was subsequently cast in All My Children as Kendall Hart, Erica Kane’s (Susan Lucci) long-lost daughter. Three years later, at the age of 18, she won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Younger Actress in a Drama Series for the role. In a 1997 interview with the New York Times, Sarah dished on her soap star experience: “I seduced my stepfather, and when he wouldn't sleep with me, I slept with the stable boy, cried rape, and my mother stabbed him with a letter opener. Then I went to jail for perjury, burned my parents' divorce papers, and locked up my little sister. I think that was all in the first week.”
2. She has five tattoos: a Celtic symbol on her left hip; a symbol for integrity on her lower back; a heart, a dagger, and a cherry blossom on her right ankle; and two dragonflies on her back.
3. Sarah’s real name is Sarah Michelle Prinze. For her fifth wedding anniversary in 2007, Sarah took Freddie Prinze Jr.’s last name. She surprised him with her new driver’s license.
4. She has two dogs: a Maltese terrier named Thor and an Akita named Tyson.
5. She’s a bibliophile. If she wasn't an actress, Sarah would want to be a journalist or a children’s book author.
6. Like Buffy, she can kick some serious butt. Sarah studied Tae Kwon Do for five years, and now she's taking kickboxing, boxing, street fighting, and gymnastics. In other words, don’t mess with her.
7. She’s gorgeous... but you probably already knew that. In 1998, People magazine named her one of their 50 most beautiful people. The following year she was ranked #1 on FHM magazine’s 100 sexiest women in the world list. Three years later, Maxim named her the 16th hottest lady of 2002. She was Google’s eighth most searched woman that same year.
She’s only gotten sexier with age, because in 2008, Maxim bumped her up to number five.
9. She’s freakin’ smart. Sure, she never made it to college, thanks to her solid career, but back when she was at the Professional Children’s School in NYC she maintained a 4.0 GPA.
10. She was once an ice skater. Like Buffy, Sarah has been an accomplished ice skater since childhood, when she skated competitively for some time... until her mom made her quit to focus on school and acting.