UPDATE (4:20 p.m. PT): Columbus Short was arrested and released from Claremont Police Department custody shortly after turning himself in on a felony battery charge associated with his alleged participation in a March 15 bar fight. According to his booking info, the Scandal actor's bail was set at $50K. No word yet on when he'll have his day in court.
ORIGINAL STORY (2:18 p.m. PT): Looks like things are getting very scandalous for Scandal star Columbus Short. TMZ reports that a judge has issued a warrant for Columbus’s arrest on the grounds of felony aggravated battery stemming from a bar fight the ABC star was involved in earlier this month.
According to TMZ, Columbus was involved in a bar fight in L.A. on March 15 while attending a friend’s engagement party. Eyewitnesses said that Columbus repeatedly punched a partygoer in the face after the attendee made a rude comment about Columbus’s wife. The 37-year-old victim suffered from a broken nose and was rendered unconscious for several minutes. The Scandal actor is said to have left the scene quickly thereafter.
Because of the serious bodily injury, the felony charge has some pretty weighty penalties; it carries a maximum sentence of up to four years in state prison and his bond is set at $50,000.
As of now, there’s no word on whether or not Columbus, who was seen yesterday shooting on the set of Scandal, has turned himself in.
We will keep you posted on any new developments.
What do you think about Columbus Short’s latest scandal? Sound off in the comments below!