We know the Grey's Anatomy writers like to go all-out before a long break, so there's about a 100 percent chance this episode will be jam packed with drama. But what kind of turmoil hits Grey Sloan Memorial this time around? We've taken an in-depth look at the sneak peeks of the episode to see what they reveal.
1. April is a total stress bomb. It should come as exactly zero surprise that the always high-strung April reaches a new level of stressed the hell out in the lead-up to her wedding. In this sneak peek, we see her dashing around the hospital with her hair in rollers. Not exactly the calm and relaxed wedding prep most girls dream of, that's for sure.
2. Bridesmaids need finding. Given that her bridesmaids are talented surgeons who are almost certainly dealing with their own work — not to mention interpersonal drama, when it comes to Cristina and Meredith — it's also not shocking that April is having a hard time "hunting bridesmaids."
3. Jackson's last minute RSVP. The question of whether or not Jackson will show up to the wedding has been stretched out over the season, but in the above sneak peek he finally agrees once and for all to show, after April spits out that "of course" she wants him there. (Because she loves you, Jackson! Japril forever!)
4. Alex and his dad bond. As you can see in the sneak peek below, April's wedding isn't the only source of drama this week. In this clip, Alex confronts his dad again — but this time, things start out pretty well, as they share a memory.
5. Alex puts his foot down. Years of pain can't be healed with a single nice moment, though, and this scene quickly develops into a rant from Alex about how he had to be the dad even though he was only a kid, because his real father was "worthless." Harsh, but probably fair. Will he ever be able to forgive his father?
Which part of this episode are you looking forward to the most? Let us know in the comments below.
Catch the episode tonight, Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.
Rebecca Martin is an Associate Editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, and genre TV expert. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!