Although we still have to wait until Thursday, February 27, to actually watch the new episode, we now have two new promos — once from America, one from Canada — that give us a sense of what's in store when we finally return to Grey Sloan Memorial.
In an attempt to learn everything we can about the new episode, we've taken a close look at both promos to see what they reveal. First, let's take a look at the American promo.
1. Meredith vs. Derek? The promo opens with a shot of Mer and Cristina sitting on a couch together (does this mean they're really friends again? Please?). Mer rises as Derek walks in. She looks upset, and Derek seems kind of surprised to see them. Do you think this is related to his decision re: the presidential committee? Mer definitely looks upset with Derek at :07.
2. Mer and Cristina in the OR. Hopefully Meredith and Cristina are friends again, because they appear to be working in the OR together at :03.
3. Alex gets violent. Alex's violent side comes out when he attacks Shane at :05. To be fair, Shane did royally screw up while caring for Alex's dad... And is this in any way related to the shot of Cristina with Shane at :10?
4. Jo shatters a mirror. At :08 we see Jo shatter a mirror — but why?
5. "It's not working!" At :09 Arizona shrieks at Callie, "It's not working!" Are they talking about their relationship? This is already breaking out hearts.
6. Arizona and Owen hard at work. At :10 we see a shot of Arizona and Owen in action. Hey, this is still a hospital — there are lives to save!
7. Ben and Bailey. At :11 Ben seems to be furious at Bailey. Can't these two work it out, already?
And now, the Canadian promo:
8. More medical drama? At :04 we see a group of the docs — Derek, Owen, Cristina, and Stephanie — all turn, and then we see Meredith dashing through the hospital.
9. Jo upset. At :07 we get a little more context for the Jo mirror dashing scene. She looks really upset about something. Our guess? It's related to Alex's dad.
10. Speaking of Alex and his dad. We see what looks like a scene between them at :10.
11. Calzona kiss! Some good news for Calzona fans: At :17 we see the ladies share a passionate kiss.
Did we miss anything? Interpret something wrong? Share your thoughts in the comments below!
Catch the next episode of Grey’s Anatomy on Thursday, Thursday, February 27, at 9 p.m. ET onABC.
Rebecca Martin is an Associate Editor at Wetpaint Entertainment and our resident Game of Thrones, Pretty Little Liars, and genre TV expert. Follow her on Twitter and Google+!