Grey's Anatomy Season 11 is depressingly far away, and at this point we’ve got very little info about what we can expect when we finally do return to Grey Sloan Memorial. Still, the Season 10 finale left us with plenty to chew on and we already have some thoughts about what we want to see next season.
1. Resolve the MerDer fight quickly. We know Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) and Derek (Patrick Dempsey) can't be happiness and light all the time, but we'd prefer not to see their fight that ended Season 10 extend too far into Season 11. We actually wouldn't mind if Derek lived in DC for a bit and they had to struggle with being long distance — especially if that change made Patrick Dempsey happy, schedule wise — but we'd rather not see them stay mad at each other. We like it when they're a supportive couple, and Mer is going to have enough on her plate.
2. Use the Maggie Pierce situation to really shake things up. We're still not sure how we feel about Maggie Pierce (Kelly McCreary), Ellis Grey's previously unheard of daughter whom she gave up for adoption, but she's here and we just have to accept that. Given that the show went in this direction, we hope it exploits this dramatic situation to its full potential and creates intriguing new plotlines for Mer and Richard (James Pickens Jr.).
3. Don't try to replace Cristina. We all know Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) is one of a kind, and we hope the writers are smart enough not to try filling the hole her absence leaves. We're excited to see Mer cope without Cristina, but we all know no one will ever be her person in the way Cristina was. Likewise, while we'd like to see Owen (Kevin McKidd) eventually move on, we certainly hope his next love interest is a different kind of person, since no one can be Cristina but Cristina. Fortunately the show has a pretty good track record on that front.
4. Bring Addison back! This is on our wishlist every year, so just throwing it out there again.
5. Keep fleshing out Jo and Stephanie. Now that the residents have been narrowed down to Jo (Camilla Luddington) and Stephanie (Jerrika Hinton), we really want to see those two characters flourish. We're loving Jo's emerging interest in ortho, and we want to see more of the strong, principled Stephanie who risked her job to save Bailey.
What's on your Grey's Anatomy Season 11 wish list? Let us know in the comments below!