Fans have to wait another week and a half before returning to the magical world of Once Upon a Time with Season 3, Episode 12 ("New York City Serenade"). But here at Wetpaint Entertainment, we've been lucky enough to watch the episode already. And we gotta tell you — we liked it a lot.
The first half of Season 3 found success by bringing the focus back to the core cast that we know and love, and "New York City Serenade" kept with the trend, putting the emphasis on emotions, even in the midst of a fair amount of plot.
We're sworn to secrecy about the details of the episode, so we can't tell you too much else — but we have collected 10 hints and quotes from the episode for you to contemplate while you wait.
1. An unexpected betrayal from good characters is implied. Fear gets to even the best of us.
2. "And here I thought you'd gone and changed." "I tried the hero thing. It didn't take."
3. An important location from Season 2 is revisited. (No, we're not just talking about Storybrooke.)
4. "I can't be happy without him." "Find a way."
5. It's all about gut feelings.
6. Will new alliances stay solid?
7. "He's kinda cute, huh?" "He smells like forest."
8. Hook in the modern world is funnier than ever.
9. There are some things the savior isn't meant to have.
10. There's a lot of tension, action, and stress in this episode — but some sweet moments and good news, too.
Catch the midseason premiere of Once Upon a Time on Sunday, March 9 at 8 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.