Despite some decisions that left us scratching our heads, Game of Thrones Season 4 has been one of the show's strongest installments to date, thanks especially to the drama in King's Landing.
Now that all 10 episodes have aired, it's time to sit back and think about our favorite moments from the season. So read on for Wetpaint Entertainment's picks for the five best scenes of the year, and then let us know your choices in the comments below.
Honorable mention: Joffrey's death. We can't leave this moment off the list — it was shocking, satisfying, and gory, exactly as it should have been. Plus, it set the stage for everything to come.
5. Brienne vs. Hound. This fight was invented for the show, and it's one of our favorite additions to date. Everything about it was perfect, from Brienne's bonding with Arya to her verbal sparring with The Hound to the actual fight, which was exactly as brutal as it should have been.
4. Mountain vs. Viper. This scene was slightly shorter than we would have wanted, but the choreography was spot on, and Pedro Pascal killed it.
3. Sansa makes her move. Sansa's (Sophie Turner) impassioned lie about what went down with Lysa was perfectly acted, and signaled a major development in her arc. Sansa has entered the game.
2. Oberyn agrees to fight for Tyrion. One of the most unexpectedly wonderful scenes of the season, Oberyn's visit to Tyrion in Episode 7 was easily makes the list. His story about visiting baby Tyrion and being surprised by how un-monstrous he was is one of the best monologues the show has had, yet.
1. Tyrion's outburst at his trial. Without a doubt, the crowning moment of the season was Tyrion's epic speech during his trial in Episode 6. Perhaps Peter Dinklage's best moment on the show, which is saying something.
What was your favorite scene of the season? Sound off in the comments.