After her trip into the world of noir in Pretty Little Liars Season 4, Episode 19 (“Shadow Play”), Spencer has more evidence against Ezra than ever. The American promo for Season 4, Episode 20 ("Free Fall") suggests that Spence finally dishes her suspicions to Aria, but a new promo from Canada's M3 makes it clear that Ezra isn't going down without a fight.
In fact, this promo is overflowing with new info, so we've taken a close look to see what we can learn that hadn't already been revealed in the American promo.
1. Intervention time for Spencer. In the American promo, we saw all of the Liars gathered together, and Spencer screaming, "He's freaking 'A'!" In this video, we get from context for that scene. At :02, we see Hanna, almost certainly in the same scene, harshly asking, "Spencer, have you been taking pills to stay awake?"
2. Ezra's the one who plants that idea. As the synopsis for the episode suggests, the Liars don't realize Spencer's problems all on their own. At :05 we see Ezra tell Aria, "I think it's time somebody tell Spencer's parents about what's going on." At :06 there's a shot of Spencer's mom on the phone, which makes it seem like someone does tell the Hastings what's up with their daughter.
3. Spencer is pushing herself very hard. At :05 we also see Spencer wake up at a desk (Ezra's?). She had been passed out over Ali's notebook.
4. And now we know why Spencer spits out the truth! So, let's get back to that intervention scene. At :10 we get an extended look at the "he's freaking 'A'!" moment, and we see that the lead up is Spencer, near tears, insisting, "He's trying to get the focus off of himself because he's freaking 'A'!" So it would appear Spencer busts out that truth bomb in a moment of desperation, as her friends are questioning her pill habit.
5. Aria and Ezra confrontation! Another scene we get a longer look at: Aria's confrontation of Ezra on the porch swing! "You wanted Alison dead!" she accuses. "You wanted her dead!" Wow.
6. "Aria!" At :18, we see Ezra shouting for "Aria!" while Aria is crouched in the woods, sobbing. "Why are you doing this?" he asks. Is he chasing her? And if so, is it to hurt her, or to convince her that he's not a bad guy after all?
Watch the dramatic promo for yourself here, and then sound off with your own thoughts in the comments: