In this article, we're going to keep things 100 percent book spoiler-free. We're just going to be talking about the promo and what we know from casting information, nothing else. So if you want a close look at what the preview reveals without worrying about extra info slipping in, you've come to the right place!
First, take a look at the trailer, and then check out the breakdown below.
1. Arya still has her kill list. The promo opens with Arya reciting the list of people she wants to kill — Joffrey, Cersei, Tywin, the Red Woman (Melisandre). She explains to her traveling companion, The Hound, that she can't sleep until she's recited the list. Sounds healthy to us.
2. Styr. At :22 we see a group of Wildlings, including Ygritte. One of them we only see from behind; he's bald and scared. Based on the casting description, we're thinking this is new character Styr.
3. Dany's new city. At :26 we see Dany and crew approach a new, pyramid filled city. As always, the location looks great.
4. Sansa's sadness. At :31 we see Sansa telling Tyrion that she lies awake all night, "thinking about how they died." We're guessing the "they" in that sentence is her mother and brother, but we could be wrong. Also, is that her uncovering her head at night at :30? It's hard to tell.
5. "Justice." "All we can give him now, is justice," we see Jon saying at :40. Prior to that we can hear someone saying, "He was betrayed by his own men." It's hard to tell if these are from the same scene. If they are, we suspect Jon is talking about former Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Jeor Mormont.
6. Stannis has a goal. "I will not be the page in someone else's history book" Stannis tells Davos at :56 — right after a shot of someone been burned to death. We take it Stannis is still using Mel's fire magic, then.
7. Siege! At :57 we get a glimpse of what appears to be an epic battle, with a large army using catapults. Based on the coloring of this shot and the perfect formation of the army, we're guessing this scene is from Dany and her Unsullied, but we could be wrong.
8. Jaime and Cersei making out! At 1:01. We've seen a shot from this scene before, but this one is far clearer.
9. Shae in bed. At 1:07 we see Shae in a bed that looks much, much nicer than Tyrion's current abode. Hmmm...
10. Cersei repeating Tyrion's words. At 1:08 we see Cersei sitting in some sort of box, repeating something Tyrion once said to her: "A day will come when your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid."